© 2017 The Lynden School of Dance
2. Students are asked to wait quietly outside the studio until their class begins.
Section 4 -
1. Parents are not permitted to watch classes except in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the class teacher.
2. Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teacher and fellow students.
3. Students are not permitted to chew gum whilst in class.
4. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk.
5. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the class must be switched off or on silent mode.
6. Students are not permitted to leave the studio during a class without permission from the teacher.
7. Students are not permitted to sit out of a class unless they become unwell or injured during the lesson or written consent from the student's parent/guardian is given in advance.
Section 5 -
1. All students must complete an online enrolment form upon joining the school at www.lyndendance.co.uk under the CONTACT tab. (Here)
2. Invoices and other materials are presented online via email. Parents/Guardians should provide a valid email address for this purpose and ensure that such email from Lynden is not considered SPAM. If promotion material from Lynden is not welcome, Parent or Guardian should ask for removal from the Lynden distribution lists.
3. The school timetable may be revised at any time.
4. The school is affiliated to The British Theatre Dance Association (BTDA) and all dance examinations taken by the students are accredited by the Council of Dance Education and Training (CDET).
5. The school will enrol all gymnastics students with British Gymnastics who accredit the classes we will provide.
6. A certain amount of risk is carried by any physical activity. Students taking part in any classes or events run by The Lynden School of Dance do so at their own risk.
7. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians.
Section 1 -
1. Fees are payable for a full 10 lesson term regardless of attendance.
2. Fees must be received by the end of week 2 of the term or a 10% surcharge may be added.
3. A student may take a class on a trial basis for up to three weeks, paying as they go. Should the student decide to join the class, they then pay the balance of the term remaining.
4. There are no refunds if a student is absent from a class and no reductions for part term attendance.
5. On the rare occasion that a class is cancelled, it will be rescheduled, usually during the school holidays. If it is not possible to reschedule, fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming terms fees. Students are also welcome to make up the cancelled class by attending a similar class at any of our other venues.
6. If it is necessary to cancel a class due to adverse weather conditions or if a child cannot attend a class due to their participation in another Lynden performance/event, class fees will not be refunded.
7. If a student is asked to leave a class due to a breach of any of the conditions detailed within this document they will not be refunded.
8. The preferred method of payment for regular tuition fees is via monthly Standing Order. Please see our website for relevant instalment amounts. When tuition ceases, Standing Orders should be cancelled by the payer one month AFTER the student ceases to attend. It is the payer's responsibility to cancel the Standing Order. Refunds will not be issued if the payer fails to cancel the Standing Order. Lynden bank details can be found on the bottom of all invoices.
9. We prefer that any other invoices, e.g. examination fees, costumes etc. are paid either by bank transfer or PayPal. Please ensure that you quote the child's surname and invoice number in the reference. Our bank details are quoted at the bottom of all invoices. Our PayPal account is Lyndendance@aol.com
All monies paid in cash or by cheque must be received in a sealed envelope with
Student's name; amount enclosed and invoice number, clearly written on the front. If a tear off slip is provided it must be enclosed within the envelope.
10. If monies are paid by cheque the students name must be written on the reverse of the cheque.
11. In the event that cheques have to be represented to the bank or are declined totally the student/students' parents must pay the costs incurred.
Section 2 -
1. Class uniforms are as described in the document -
2. All students must wear their hair in a bun for all classes with fringes clipped out of their face. Students with short hair should wear an 'Alice' band to keep their hair off their face.
3. If a student is wearing inappropriate footwear or clothing the student will not be permitted to participate in the class.
4. Jewellery items (including watches), which the teacher feels may cause injury or feels inappropriate for the class must be removed or the student will not be permitted to participate in the class.
Section 3 -
1. Classes run back to back on the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed ready to start their class before entering the studio and leave promptly at the end.
You can download a copy of the Terms & Conditions here.
|What the Dancers Say|
|What the Parents Say|
|Little Tots, Little Tiptoes & Pre-School|
|Code of Conduct|
|Dance Class Uniforms|
|Dance Class Gallery|
|Danceforce 2013 Gallery|
|Danceforce 2009 Gallery|
|Danceforce 2011 Gallery|
|London Shows Gallery|
|Sadler's Wells Gallery|
|Street Dance Aug 2012|
|Dynamix 2014 Gallery|
|Dracula Gallery (Kingsclere)|
|Dracula Gallery (Basingstoke)|
|What a Knight! Gallery|
|Pirates of the Curry Bean (Kingsclere)|
|Pirates of the Curry Bean (Basingstoke)|
|Porridge August 2012|
|Robin & the Sherwood Hoodies Aug 13|
|Exams Gallery 2010|
|Medal Test Gallery|
|Medal Tests June 2012|
|Medal Test Information|
|Medal Test Notes|
|Exam Results 2009|
|Burghfield Festival Nov 2014|
|Strictly Albert 2014|
|Burghfield Festival Nov 2013|
|Tiptoe Teddy Party 2013|
|Strictly Gallery 2013|
|KaMotion Party Gallery|
|Burghfield Festival of Dance|
|Burghfield Nov 2010|
|Sadler's Wells 2012|
|Burghfield June 2010 Gallery|
|Burghfield Gallery Nov 2011|
|Photo Shoot Dec 2010|
|Photo Shoot Feb 2014|
|Concert for Emma Gallery|
|Terms and Conditions|
|Lynden Enrolment Form|